Many of you will know John Curtin chairman of Stampex, but for those of you who don't here is a little more about him.
1. Do you collect stamps if so what do you collect and how long have you collected for?
I do not collect anymore. When I started out I collected 1d blacks and first 2d blues. I still like to keep certain stamps but everything has a price!
2. How did you get into stamp collecting - when did you set up your business?
My grandmother started me off. When I worked in the city I used to go in to one of a number of shops and pick up stamps for her. I started my business after being a director of the Royale stamp company. I started with them in the early 1970's.
3. Do you have any family members in the business?
My son Laurence works for me and my son in-law James is a director of the business.
4. What do you like about the hobby ?
To be honest, I like the buying, selling and making a profit
5. What is your favourite thing about Stampex?
I have a passion for doing deals. Buying and selling no matter how big or small. Stampex is the only show where you never can tell what people are going to spend their money on. The buzz of buying and selling between dealers and collectors is almost unique in the current era of collecting.